How to Get Resolution When a Company Won't Return Your Calls

1.Find the name of the company's consumer affairs senior manager.
2.Begin by calling customer service and asking for the name of the senior manager (not just a supervisor). You may need to talk to the supervisor to get the right contact information.
3.Alternatively, call the company's corporate headquarters and ask the operator for the name of the customer service manager.
4.Find the name of the president of the company. Locate this information on the company's Web site or by calling the headquarters directly and asking the operator for the name of the president.
5.Find the mailing address for the corporate headquarters on its Web site or through Web sites that provide basic corporate information, such as (See Related Sites).
6.Or call the company's headquarters directly and ask for its mailing address - not its billing address. Billing processing centers are often located separately from headquarters.
7.Write a letter addressed directly to the senior manager of the company's consumer affairs office.
8.Include the history of your communications with this company - the dates and times of your calls or letters and the names of the individuals you contacted.
9.Indicate in your letter that a copy will be sent to the office of the president.
1..Make two additional copies of the letter. Send one to the office of the president and keep one for your records.
1..Contact your local or state consumer protection agency if the company still does not respond. 
For tips on effective letter writing, see "How to Write a Complaint Letter."
Remember to keep a complete record of all your communications.
All states have a department or office of consumer affairs that has jurisdiction over certain businesses licensed in that state. You can find contact information by searching the Internet. Call before sending a written complaint to ask if the office deals with your type of complaint and if you need to fill out a complaint form. Often the forms are available on a Web site.
If a company you have an issue with does not fall under its jurisdiction, the office of consumer affairs will direct you to the proper authority. Department of Insurance handles issues over insurance services. Department of Motor Vehicles handles disputes over the sale of new and used automobiles.
Certain businesses may not be subject to state agencies' jurisdiction. This type of claim can be resolved through small claims court. 

Related Posts